Wednesday, February 7, 2007

"Roots Of My Raising" Guest Series - Take 2


Hey Friends! Time for a post! This one is from Erin Whitney Burnett! She's the greatest! I hope you enjoy her story! Random fact about Erin Whitney...She has a grandpa named Wayne Leroy. He L-O-V-E-S to take pictures with his camera and when he gets his film developed he always gets triple prints! How cute is that?? I heart him! Now, on with the show...

Nicole Judd and I have been friends for about 6 years now. My first distinct memory of her was in the lobby of a dorm at Georgetown College. We were training for Centri-kid, and I had my gray hooded sweatshirt on. I said something like, "I love this little guy." (because I did love that sweatshirt. It kept me warm and it was cold that week!) Well, Nicole laughed and laughed at that statement, and from that moment on, I knew we would be friends.

Years later, Nicole moved to Nashville and we became roommates in the 401 with Amber Hill. One thing that I knew about Nicole but now got to experience daily was her love for practical jokes. She LOVES to pull pranks on people. I mean, she LOVES it. One of her favorite pranks would be to call people's cell phones while she was in the room with them. Often, I would keep my phone in my bedroom, which was right next to our living room. We would be watching TV and I would hear my phone ring. Well, I would sprint to get it (because I love phone calls), only to find out it was Nicole. She would be dying laughing. After several, several times of this, I finally gave her number its own ring so I would know she was pulling pranks. Little did I know that jokester starting using Amber's phone or sometimes Emily's phone (those months she lived with us) to call me. So I gave all the roommates the same phone ring so I would not be pulled into these pranks any longer. I even changed Nicole's name in my phone to Stege, aka pest. The Stege part is in honor of our maintenance man, Steve. The pest part is because she was a pest with that phone calling! I think I eventually fool proofed that prank. It took awhile, though. And I am reminded of it every time Nicole calls me now because it still comes up, Stege aka pest. :-)

Everyone should become friends with Nicole because she is so much fun, and I miss her. Be aware, though, that she WILL pull pranks on you. I just wanted the blogging world to know. :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

i love it! i'm feeling a bit motivated to dedicate a whole blog post on my own blog to some of the pranks i myself have experienced from knowing nicole. i think i'll also have to include hallie and the infamous "milk jug experiment" :-)

February 8, 2007 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Anyanwu said...

I must say that Nicole Ann does love the pranks. And I can testify to the shear joy she would experience EVERY single time she called one of us. I also agree that everyone should be friends with Nicole. If you aren't you are missing out.

February 8, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

wow, we get pictures!! this is as close to getting my own hollywood star as i've ever come... next we'll be a guests on oprah, i suppose.

February 10, 2007 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Friends are like fine quilts....

February 11, 2007 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Casey Nichols Chappell said...

Hey girl, What a great idea for your blog! So creative.

I just posted some pic's of the girls on my blog check them hotties out. :o)

Love you.

Casey

February 12, 2007 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

waiting on guest #3 :-)

February 15, 2007 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 15, 2007 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Alicia said...

in honor of you and hallie... dum dum dum... i present. my latest blog :-) enjoy!

February 16, 2007 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home