Thursday, February 1, 2007

"Roots Of My Raising" Guest Series - Take 1


Hi friends! I’m so excited! It’s guest blogger time here on “Roots Of My Raising”! I know that you all have probably been anxiously awaiting the blog entry from my very first guest…Alicia Christie! From time to time I thought that it might be fun to have random people post on my blog. I think that you will really enjoy hearing from Alicia. She is a sweet friend who knows me well and is thus allowed to poke fun at my family. Bless my mother’s heart…She just tried to equip us with the proper skills to react properly in an emergency situation and I love her for it! So, without further ado, I present to you the first installment of the “Roots Of My Raising” Guest Series! Enjoy the read!!

“My name is Alicia Christie. I have known Nicole since Centri-kid 2001, and throughout the years, I have heard many stories about her life growing up. Some of these make me laugh so hard I cry. We used to get a kick out of talking about things we or our families did when we were little. On the night I heard this particular story, I’m sure we had just finished eating steamed broccoli, some chicken, and maybe some corn. We had probably just finished watching an episode of Friends, Roseanne, or The Cosby Show, and Nicole was probably drinking a Mountain Dew… (Our lives were pretty predictable.)

This one night, Nicole started telling me about something her mom made them do growing up…Earthquake Drills. No, they weren’t home-schooled, and no it wasn’t government mandated. This isn’t like one of those planned drills at school where you know and don’t take it seriously. No way. This drill seems to be the most realistic portrayal of what life would be like the moment an earthquake happens. Nicole’s mom would (after everyone was asleep) come running through the halls, pounding on the doors, shouting, “EARTHQUAKE!” Can you imagine being woken up this way?? To see Nicole reenact it is something else. I am laughing right now even thinking about it. Thankfully, this family will know exactly what to do when “the big one” comes.”

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

i just tagged you on my blog. go and read. thanks!

February 1, 2007 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

ooh ooh! Me next! I want to be a guest blogger on your blog. You let me know when! I have a story already in mind for it!

February 1, 2007 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Thanks so much for letting me a guest blogger! :-) I'm so glad you're blogging now! P.S. On your link to my page, it doesn't work, because it's "avenue" not "ave." Have a great day at work!

February 2, 2007 at 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. How have I never heard this story? This is amazing. I like the guest blogger idea. That's very fun.

February 2, 2007 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Hey! Your fans are ready for a second guest blogger! Don't keep us waiting!

February 7, 2007 at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home